A study funded by the National Institutes of Health had found that individuals with substance use disorders are more susceptible to COVID-19 and its complications.
“By no means should people struggling with opioid addiction delay getting treatment. People should use this time to regain control of their lives.” – Clare Waismann, founder of Waismann Method® and Domus Retreat®.
COVID-19 has not kept us from our mission of providing medically assisted detox for those who are currently suffering from opioid use disorder. We have adjusted our services to continue offering treatment to those in need during this particularly difficult time.
We understand that we are living in unprecedented times, and you may have additional concerns about the well-being of patients. We want to reassure you that our priority and commitment continue to be providing safety and life-saving options to people in need:
- Patients have their private rooms at the hospital and the recovery center.
- Our staff completed three hours of the COVID-19 training course with the most timely information from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Our centers are cleaned and sanitized multiple times daily.
- We educate staff and clients to take precautions: staying home when sick, avoidance of touching eyes, nose and mouth, and avoiding contact with those who are sick.
- Because our client milieus at Domus Retreat are limited to six patients, our environments provide enough room for social distancing while engaging in individual treatment.
- At Domus Retreat, we offer a structured and safe environment designed for recovery and healing. Any stress, including those experienced by COVID-19, can be addressed in treatment as would any other events that cause anxiety. Our job is to help people learn practical tools to achieve a healthier place in life, including stress management, coping skills, and self-care.
- As healthcare providers, we are here to offer you the care you need when you need it.
We encourage you to call us with any questions or concerns you may have at 1-800-423-2482.
We are available 7 days a week.
Last Updated on