Rapid Detox Aftercare and Recovery Treatment Center
We often hear these questions:
How am I going to feel after Rapid Detox?
Can I do just the hospital part and skip the aftercare?
These questions are valid and critical when choosing the best opiate detoxification treatment.
It is essential to understand that following the rapid detox phase at the hospital, patients receptor sites should be opiate free, but the detoxification process is not over. Providing continuous care at a specialized inpatient recovery center should not be a rarity, but a required safety protocol for all Rapid Detox Centers. The first few days post detoxification; patients are physiologically going through a significant adjustment period. Patients are hypersensitive to any distress symptoms due to the lack of endorphins. Many different organ functions are trying to regulate simultaneously. Trying to normalize biological clock (difficulty sleeping or remaining asleep), gastrointestinal function and emotional stability, might not sound like much; but when combined, it could be overwhelming for the patient.
Let’s not forget that one of the main reasons most of these patients became dependent on opiates in the first place, was the lack of ability to handle uncomfortable feelings. Having all of these symptoms simultaneously might elevate anxiety to a level that is beyond what family member can handle. The results of not having the correct support post-treatment might jeopardize the patients well being and and increase the risk of relapse. For this reason, we created Domus Retreat.
Domus Retreat offers around the clock professional care and assistance. It supersedes all other after-care programs, which have rigid doctrines and preset rules, instead of prioritizing each individual’s needs. Domus provides specialized care and focuses solely on the well-being and comfort of each patient. Located in a gated 6,000 square feet estate, nestled in a quiet and private neighborhood in Orange County, it offers treatments and amenities specially planned to maximize safety, comfort and effectiveness after rapid drug detox or any medical opiate detoxification.
The Importance of Assessing the Individual
Providing guidance after rapid detox
As much as friends and families want to help, they usually do not have the knowledge and experience needed at this uncertain time. Underlying issues or disorders might surface right after detox. Common conditions such as depression, anxiety, and sleep disorders can cause one to feel frustrated or even angry. If the situation is not immediately assessed and appropriately handle, the individual is vulnerable to an immediate relapse. Having adequate support minimizes anxiety which gives the person a better chance to navigate through this regulation phase safely. It also allows for a better understanding of uncomfortable feelings and negative emotions that often become relapse triggers. Finding compassion, understanding, and stability can be the best path to a healthy opiate free life.
At Domus, your care is entrusted to a team of dedicated treatment professionals who will go above and beyond to help you succeed in the most respectful and pleasant way possible.
Rapid Detox After Care Support Services Included:
Based on time and days spent at the retreat, services may differ
- Individual Psychotherapy – This level of one-on-one attention, ensures that unique emotional issues are assessed and assisted. It also enables our therapist, David B. Livingston M.F.T., to suggest and guide each individual to seek further psychological or psychiatric care, when needed.
- Yoga – A Hindu and ascetic discipline that is widely practiced for health and relaxation. Many studies have tried to determine the benefits of yoga as a complementary intervention for chronic pain, anxiety issues, specific psychiatric conditions and much more.
- Acupuncture– Placement of very thin needles at specific points on your body. The belief is that illness can occur when something blocks or unbalances your chi. Acupuncture is a way to unblock or influence chi and help to open and control the energy flow.
- Massage Therapy -Relieves stress, encourages relaxation, improves circulation, lowers blood pressure and relaxes muscles. Even a single massage session can assist in lowering heart rate, cortisol, and insulin levels, all of which help reduce stress.
In addition to our professional services we offer the following amenities:
- Private room and bathroom suites
- Robes and basic toiletries
- Billiard room
- Individual TVs and DVD players in all rooms
- Transportation to and from airport and hospital
- Around the clock care
- Healthy meals prepared by our chefs who cater to your nutritional and dietary needs
We also offer the following additional services (at an extra cost) upon request:
- Personal training
- Psychiatrist consultation (upon availability)
- Private yoga sessions
- Additional massage sessions
Choosing the Best Rapid Opiate Detox Center
When considering the best opiate detoxification treatment, an initial task should be to determine which detox center is taking real responsibility for your well-being. How fast should Rapid Detox be? There are no miracles in drug treatment, but there are responsible and capable professionals willing to take the time needed for a real solution. Learning as much as you can about each rapid detox center can help you make the decision that will work for you.
Rapid opiate detox treatment can be highly effective when done responsibly, in the adequate medical facility and combined with a few days of supportive recovery. Domus Retreat offers a judgment-free zone that focuses providing superior, private quality care. That is why we never care for more than six patients at any given time. We believe they deserve the best opiate treatment available and we are here to provide just that.