Oxycodone is a potent opiate analgesic that is used in prescription pain medications including OxyContin and Percocet. These powerful narcotics are considered controlled substances and can be habit forming and very dangerous. In fact this is a frightening statistic, but true. Every 19 minutes in the U.S. we lose a life to prescription drug overdose in the US. That’s approximately 75 deaths per day, 530 per week and 27,587 per year.
In light of this data, we want to encourage each and every one of you to help do your part to raise awareness about how dangerous and addictive prescription painkillers can be, as well as the need for effective treatment programs for those who may already be struggling with dependency.
Waismann Method ® of Rapid Detox and Medical detoxification Treatment
WAISMANN METHOD® is pioneering opiate treatment based on a safe and proven protocol that utilizes the most advanced medical techniques available. A major center for opioid dependency, treatment, and detoxification, WAISMANN METHOD® offers a variety of programs from rapid opiate detoxification under sedation, to medically assisted detoxification and other forms of treatment at Domus Retreat. Our doctors, therapists and staff work with patients to create personalized treatment and aftercare plans designed to ensure a healthy and effective transition to life without opiates. WAISMANN METHOD® patients achieve an extraordinarily high success rate because our team of professionals assesses and performs treatments that are most appropriate for each unique patient rather than administering the same treatment to everyone. Based on individual needs and dependency histories we create detoxification and aftercare programs that are customized to each patient.
Other Treatment Options for Oxycodone Dependence
The treatment for addiction to Oxycodone can entail various approaches, including opiate “replacement” or “substitution” therapy. This is when drugs such as Suboxone and methadone are used to help patients lessen their use of more powerful drugs such as Oxycodone or Percocet. With this approach patients also run the risk of developing a dependency to these replacements and needing a second detox
1. Waismann Method ® medical doctors have treated thousands opiate patients with the rapid detox method for over 14 year.
2. Traditional drug rehab treatment methods for Oxycodone addiction, such as talk therapy along with medicinal treatment to lessen the pain of withdrawal – often have less than 10% success rates after the first year due to Oxycodone’s powerful, physically addictive properties.
3. Waismann Method ® treatment has the highest success rate in the field of opiate dependency during the last decade.
4. Waismann Method ® treatment for Oxycodone dependence addresses oxycodone addiction as a physical disease that can be overcome with advanced medical techniques.
5. The Oxycodone detoxification treatment is performed in a full service accredited JCAHO hospital under the strict supervision of one of our medical directors.
6. A major center for opioid dependency, treatment and detoxification, WAISMANN METHOD® offers a variety of programs from rapid opiate detoxification under sedation, to medically assisted detoxification and other forms of treatment at Domus Retreat
Patients should not attempt to quit Oxycodone on without proper medical supervision When looking for an oxycodone detox program, patients should make sure the treatment is provided in a safe, secure and compassionate environment.
Waismann Method ® detox treatment for oxycodone:
It is crucial that patients who are planning to undergo Oxycodone rapid-detox are admitted to our hospital at least a day before the procedure into their private room, for a complete medical evaluation including medical history, physical exam, and blood work to evaluate kidney and liver function. Patients also have a chest X-ray and an electrocardiogram, and may undergo an exercise stress test if necessary. Patients then start treatment pre-medication protocol where medications are given to prevent or relieve the symptoms of withdrawal. Additional medications are used to lower the acid content of the stomach, and to curb the adrenalin or adrenergic response to withdrawal.
It is imperative that patients are properly evaluated before the procedure as an in-patient so pre-medication can be properly administered to stabilize body functions. This helps to achieve a smooth and safe detoxification procedure.
Not all patients are a candidate for rapid detox and different manners of detoxification are available and discussed with patients, if that is the case
THE RAPID DETOX
Patients are transferred to the ICU for close monitoring. Once patients are appropriately sedated and pre-medicated, they are put under sedation for around 60 to 90 minutes. While the patient sleeps comfortably, an acute opiate withdrawal is accelerated with medications to block the opiate receptors. This medically-induced withdrawal is controlled and closely monitored by board-certified anesthesiologist with over 14 years’ experience with this process. During the sedation, patients feel no discomfort and have no memory of the acute withdrawal. After the patients awake, they are closely monitored for the rest of the day and night. Our medical staff is specially trained to ensure patients are comfortable and safe before and after the detoxification procedure.
• The Waismann Method eliminates the cravings that often accompany traditional opiate detox treatments.
• You are followed every step of the way from admission to release, and are assisted in creating a plan for remaining opiate-free once you complete your detox from Oxycodone.
Usually the morning after procedure, patients are transferred from the ICU back to the medical floor where they continue to recover, receive intravenous fluids, and regain their strength. Patients are encouraged to get out of bed, walk, and resume eating regularly. During this period, physicians assess the patient’s readiness for discharge
Patients are usually in the hospital for a total two to three days, with the remainder of the time at the Domus Retreat (www.domusretreat.com), where we work with the emotional health of our patients, while the medical staff supervises the physical transition. Opiate dependency causes numerous changes in brain chemistry and organ functions, so after the procedure it is paramount that patients are monitored properly for at least a few days in order to regulate basic functions and prevent medical complications and immediate relapse.
• Post treatment patients come to the Domus Retreat After-Care facility for post-procedure after-care, located in Orange County, for its peace and serenity. At the Domus Retreat, we have the opportunity to assess the root of the cause of dependency, such as misdiagnosed depression, anxiety, trauma, chronic pain, social issues and much more.
• Licensed therapists assess each patient’s specific emotional and social needs and offer individualized After-Care options to help patients move beyond their opiate or painkiller dependency.
Waismann Method ® treatment is proud to say that we have the highest success rate and safety standards than any other Oxycodone detoxtreatment in the country. Waismann Method ® treatment allows most patients to return to a productive life in a matter of days and eliminates the need to spend months in groups or rehab programs.