Some people may find they need Percocet detox after taking the prescription pain medication for a prolonged period. Percocet is an opioid medication used to control moderate to severe pain. It contains oxycodone, a potent narcotic painkiller, and acetaminophen, a non-narcotic analgesic.
People who are prescribed Percocet or other opiates can take them safely and successfully. Some, however, develop a tolerance over time, meaning the drug’s effects are diminished and a higher dose is needed to achieve the same relief. If patients increase their use at this point, a physical dependency can develop, necessitating opiate detox.
Waismann Method ® of Rapid Detox Treatment
Most patients who become dependent on their prescription meds don’t intend for this to happen. That’s why it’s so important to choose a detox program that is compassionate. Waismann Method ® rapid opiate detox never makes patients feel shameful for a problem they can’t help. There are some people who use Percocet recreationally and end up needing opiate detox also. Either way, Waismann Method offers the most comprehensive, safe and humane opiate treatment.
Waismann Method ® treatment, located in only in southern California where we receive patients from all over the world. We have concentrated all of our efforts into one location to offer the country’s best treatment for opiate dependency . Our patients’ care and safety are our highest priorities, and our treatment ensures that patients leave free of their dependence to opiates, unlike treatments that simply replace one drug with another (like Suboxone or Methadone).
The procedure takes place in a full-service hospital to provide close monitoring and access to additional medical services and specialists. While the patient sleeps comfortably, an acute opiate withdrawal is accelerated with medications to block the opiate receptors. This medically-induced withdrawal is controlled and closely monitored by board-certified anesthesiologist with over 10 years’ experience with this process. During the sedation, patients feel no discomfort and have no memory of the acute withdrawal.
Not having to suffer through a long, painful withdrawal can help patients recover quickly and avoid future relapse. Patients stay 5 to 10 days with us. After the patients leave the hospital, they transition to our aftercare facility, Domus Retreat, where our specialized staff supervises clients as they transition to a new life without drugs.
Other Treatment Options for Percocet Dependence
Some opiate detox programs use opiate “substitutes” or “replacements” to help patients lessen their use while preventing the onset of withdrawal. This has been a popular treatment method in the last several years, but experts have questioned its effectiveness because it doesn’t allow patients to become immediately free of opiate addiction.
These replacements are opiates as well and patients could become dependent upon them as well. This therapy is also traditionally a long-term approach. Some people could be on opiate replacements such as methadone and Suboxone for weeks, months, even years.
- Waismann Method ® treatment allows most patients to return to a productive life in a matter of days and eliminates the need to spend months in hospitals or rehab programs.
- Traditional drug rehab treatment methods for Percocet addiction, such as talk therapy along with medicinal treatment to lessen the pain of withdrawal – often have less than 10% success rates after the first year due to Hydrocodone’s powerful, physically addictive properties.
- Waismann Method ® treatment has the highest success rate in the field of opiate dependency in the last decade. After one year, 70% of our patients, after one year, do not go back to use opiates. Our treatment allows most patients to return to a productive life within a matter of days and eliminates the need for them to spend months in hospitals or rehab programs.
- Waismann Method ® treatment for Percocet dependence addresses Percocet addiction as a physical disease that can be overcome with advanced medical techniques.
- The Percocet detox treatment is performed in a full service hospital under the strict supervision of one of our medical directors. Patients are followed every step of the way from admission to release, and you are assisted in creating a plan for remaining opiate-free once you complete your Percocet detox is completed.
Percocet Withdrawal Symptoms and Rapid Detox
People who’ve become dependent upon Percocet should not try to stop taking it abruptly. Powerful and potentially dangerous withdrawal symptoms can develop including:
- Strong cravings
- Cold sweats
- Severe agitation
- Seizures and possibly coma.
Waismann Method ® detox treatment for Percocet is performed in:
- A full service hospital under the strict supervision of one of our medical directors.
- During the Percocet detox treatment, the body’s opiate receptors are cleansed of opiates while the patient is under deep sedation.
- The goal is to rid the body of physical addiction: the patient literally sleeps through physical withdrawal.
- Waismann Method ® treatment eliminates the cravings that often accompany traditional opiate detox treatments.
- Patients are followed every step of the way from admission to release, and are assisted in creating a plan for remaining opiate-free once you complete the Percocet detox is completed.
- Read more about Rapid Detox with Waismann Method ® treatment
- Patients go to the Domus Retreat after-care facility for post-treatment after-care, located in Orange Country for its peace and serenity.
- Licensed therapists assess each patient’s specific emotional and social needs and offer individualized after-care options to help patients move beyond their opiate or painkiller dependency.
- Read more about the post-procedure after-care.
Waismann Method ® treatment is proud to say that we have the highest success rate of any other Percocet detox facility. Waismann Method ® treatment allows most patients to return to a productive life in a matter of days and eliminates the need to spend months in hospitals or rehab programs.