People suffering from opiate dependence deserve the best, most efficient detox that makes safety, comfort and lasting recovery top priorities. Morphine is a very powerful opiate analgesic and its continued use can easily lead to both physical and psychological dependence.
Patients who’ve taken morphine long term may find that serious withdrawal symptoms develop whenever they try to stop taking it. This is why a professional approach to opiate addiction is necessary. Symptoms can be unbearable for some people, which can make abstinence very difficult to maintain. Most professionals agree that trying to detox from opiates without professional help is very dangerous. Withdrawal symptoms can begin within a few hours of last use and may include strong physical and psychological cravings, extreme irritability, a skin crawling sensation, nausea, vomiting, headaches, muscle and bone pain, sleeplessness, inability to concentrate, tremors, chills, perspiration and in some cases, seizures.
Waismann Method ® of Rapid Detox Treatment
Waismann Method ® detox program is widely known around the world for offering the most comprehensive opiate treatment for more than a decade. Our medical procedure is performed in the safety of a southern California hospital where non-addicting intravenous and oral medication is used to cleanse the opiate receptors thoroughly. This takes less than two hours, and patients are sedated during it.
An accelerated withdrawal takes place during this time so patients don’t have to suffer from difficult or painful symptoms. They awaken a short time later, free of morphine dependence. While other treatment protocols may require long commitments, Waismann Method gets patients in and out in 5 or 6 days. We also offer optional aftercare in our world famous Domus Retreat transitional living facility.
Other Treatment Options for Morphine Dependence
Opiate detox and rehabilitation facilities treat morphine addiction in a variety of ways. Not all of them are thorough in their approach to detox. Many people are prescribed opiates such as Suboxone or methadone as part of opiate “replacement” or “maintenance” therapy. This is when other, less potent opiates are used to help patients lessen their reliance on more powerful drugs such as morphine, heroin and OxyContin. This can be effective but may require a long-term commitment. Opiate replacements may also lead to a second dependence and the need for additional detox services. When the goal is to become completely opiate-free, quickly and safely, the Waismann Method’s rapid opiate detox is a clear choice.
- Waismann Method ® treatment allows most patients to return to a productive life in a matter of days and eliminates the need to spend months in hospitals or rehab programs.
- Traditional drug rehab treatment methods for morphine addiction, such as talk therapy along with medicinal treatment to lessen the pain of withdrawal – often have less than 10% success rates after the first year due to Hydrocodone’s powerful, physically addictive properties.
- Waismann Method ® treatment has the highest success rate in the field of opiate dependency in the last decade. After one year, 70% of our patients, after one year, do not go back to use opiates. Our treatment allows most patients to return to a productive life within a matter of days and eliminates the need for them to spend months in hospitals or rehab programs.
- Waismann Method ® treatment for morphine dependence addresses morphine addiction as a physical disease that can be overcome with advanced medical techniques.
- The morphine detox treatment is performed in a full service hospital under the strict supervision of one of our medical directors. Patients are followed every step of the way from admission to release, and you are assisted in creating a plan for remaining opiate-free once you complete your morphine detox is completed.
Withdrawal Symptoms and Rapid Detox
From time to time, patients become tolerant to their prescription medication. If use is escalated or prolonged, there is the risk that a dependency will develop. morphine detox can be brutal if not managed effectively. It causes brings with it an opiate withdrawal syndrome with harsh symptoms that can include:
- Strong drug cravings
- Cold sweats
- Severe agitation
This is why morphine detox should be performed under medical supervision. There are programs available that can manage withdrawal to help make patients comfortable, both physically and mentally. Detox begins when the body rids itself of toxins including drugs and alcohol. Patients can initiate this when they stop taking the medications and drugs they’ve become dependent upon. It can also be initiated externally, by an opiate treatment facility. When looking for an morphine detox program, patients should make sure the treatment is provided in a safe, secure and compassionate environment.
Waismann Method ® detox treatment for morphine is performed in:
- A full service hospital under the strict supervision of one of our medical directors.
- During the morphine detox treatment, the body’s opiate receptors are cleansed of opiates while the patient is under deep sedation.
- The goal is to rid the body of physical addiction: the patient literally sleeps through physical withdrawal.
- Waismann Method ® treatment eliminates the cravings that often accompany traditional opiate detox treatments.
- Patients are followed every step of the way from admission to release, and are assisted in creating a plan for remaining opiate-free once you complete the morphine detox is completed.
- Read more about Rapid Detox with Waismann Method ® treatment
- Patients go to the Domus Retreat After-Care facility for post-treatment after-care, located in Orange Country for its peace and serenity.
- Licensed therapists assess each patient’s specific emotional and social needs and offer individualized after-care options to help patients move beyond their opiate or painkiller dependency.
- Read more about the Post-Procedure After-Care.
Waismann Method ® treatment is proud to say that we have the highest success rate of any other morphine detox facility. Waismann Method ® treatment allows most patients to return to a productive life in a matter of days and eliminates the need to spend months in hospitals or rehab programs.