It's not uncommon for people to seek out detoxification programs for a drug that is supposed to wean them off other habit-forming drugs.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid used for opiate "replacement" or "substitution" therapy. It's used to help wean patients off other opiates such as OxyContin and heroin by preventing the onset of withdrawal. The problem is that methadone is also an opioid and can cause a dependency after a period of time.
People who take methadone to treat opiate addiction may need a second detox if they become physically and psychologically dependent upon it. Methadone as replacement therapy has worked for many people in terms of helping them get off very dangerous drugs. But this type of therapy can be very long-term and doesn't allow patients to become truly free of opiate addiction. After suffering through addiction, patients who want to heal deserve a solution that gets them clean once and for all.
The Waismann Method of Rapid Detox
Our rapid opiate detoxification is designed to work quickly and address the painful withdrawal phase that patients fear so much. We are based in southern California where patients check into a hospital first for thorough medical testing. This helps us rule out possible underlying conditions. We then use intravenous and oral medication to cleanse the opiate receptors of the dependence. This takes place in less than two hours while patients rest under sedation.
Our procedure, called Waismann Method, speeds up withdrawal so symptoms develop and pass while patients are sedated. This helps them recover quickly so they can move on with life once they return home.
The hospital stay is typically 3 to 5 days and 2 to 7 additional days that patients spends transitioning in our Domus Retreat aftercare facility. Our program is known for it's compassionate and discreet approach to methadone detox.
Detox occurs when the body is ridding itself of substances, including drugs, alcohol and other toxins. This process will begin once patients stop taking the medications they've become dependent upon. Medically based detox is necessary in order to keep patients safe and comfortable during an otherwise difficult time. Patients no longer have to fear withdrawal because it can be managed effectively.
Methadone addiction is a serious problem in the United States and tends to happen quickly and to unsuspecting individuals who have been prescribed Methadone for legitimate pain reasons. The addiction creeps up quickly and once you have a Methadone addiction, chances are it's too late to find an easy solution to get off Methadone.
- The Waismann Method sm allows most patients to return to a productive life in a matter of days and eliminates the need to spend months in hospitals or rehab programs.
- Traditional drug rehab treatment methods for Methadone addiction - talk therapy along with medicinal treatment to lessen the pain of withdrawal - often have less than 10% success rates after the first year due to Methadone's powerful, physically addictive properties.
- Waismann Method sm is proud to say that we have the highest success rate of any other Methadone detox facility; 70% of our patients, after one year, do not go back to use opiates. The Waismann Method sm allows most patients to return to a productive life in a matter of days and eliminates the need to spend months in hospitals or rehab programs.
- Our advanced rapid drug treatment method for Methadone dependence is also known as the Waismann Method which provides the highest success rate in the field of opiate dependency in the last decade. Our opiate detox treatment, also known as the Waismann Method sm of Rapid Detox, treats Methadone addiction as a physical disease that can be overcome with advanced medical techniques.
- The Methadone detox treatment is performed in a full service hospital under the strict supervision of one of our medical directors. You are followed every step of the way from admission to release, and you are assisted in creating a plan for remaining opiate-free once you complete your Methadone detox.
- Continuously featured in the media as a trusted expert and information source in the field of rapid opiate detoxification.
- We treat the highest levels of Methadone in the country.
Other Treatment Options for Methadone Dependence
Waismann Method's program offers rapid opiate detox that doesn't rely on potentially addicting medications to help patients recover. Some facilities treat opiate dependence by administering other opiates. This is known as opiate replacement therapy and is typically accomplished with Suboxone or Subutex. This can be effective for some people but is a long-term fix to a problem that has probably lingered on for long enough.
People may find they need to be on replacement medications for a while. They may also need a second detox if they become dependent upon the replacements.
Traditional drug rehab treatment methods for Methadone addiction - talk therapy along with medicinal treatment to lessen the pain of withdrawal - often have less than 10% success rates after the first year due to Methadone's powerful, physically addictive properties.
The right program should be safe, effective and humane. It should help to manage a painful withdrawal, thereby guarding against future instances of relapse. Patients also need to know that Methadone detox doesn't have to be painful or take weeks, months or years
The Methadone detox treatment is performed in:
- A full service hospital under the strict supervision of one of our medical directors.
- During Methadone detox using rapid detox or the Waismann Methodsm, the body's opiate receptors are cleansed of opiates while the patient is anaesthetized and asleep.
- The goal is to rid the body of physical addiction: the patient literally sleeps through physical withdrawal.
- The Waismann Method eliminates the cravings that often accompany traditional opiate detox treatments.
- You are followed every step of the way from admission to release, and are assisted in creating a plan for remaining opiate-free once you complete your Methadone detox.
- Read more about Rapid Detox with the Waismann Method.
- Post treatment patients come to the Domus Retreat After-Care facility for post-procedure after-care, located in Orange County, for its peace and serenity.
- Licensed therapists assess each patient's specific emotional and social needs and offer individualized After-Care options to help patients move beyond their opiate or painkiller dependency.
- Read more about the Post-Procedure After-Care.
Methadone Withdrawal and Rapid Detox
Trying to stop taking opiates cold turkey can result in a very painful withdrawal syndrome that can be dangerous and can linger for 2 weeks to 6 months. Symptoms can include:
- Strong drug cravings
- Aches and pains
- Severe agitation
- Mood changes
Waismann Method's renowned rapid opiate detox quickly eliminates opiate dependence once and for all. We also treat patients who need detoxed from the replacement medications. During Methadone detox using rapid detox or the Waismann Method , the body's opiate receptors are cleansed of opiates while the patient is sedated and asleep. The goal is to rid the body of physical addiction: the patient literally sleeps through physical withdrawal. Waismann Method eliminates the cravings that often accompany traditional Methadone detox treatments.
- Actiq Detox
- Buprenorphine Detox
- Codeine Detox
- Darvocet Detox
- Darvon Detox
- Demerol Detox
- Dihydrocodeine Detox
- Dilaudid Detox
- Drug Detox
- Duragesic Detox
- Fentanyl Detox
- Fentora Detox
- Heroin Detox
- Hydrocodone Detox
- Kadian Detox
- LAAM Detox
- Lorcet Detox
- Lortab Detox
- Methadone Detox
- Morphine Detox
- MS Contin Detox
- Norco Detox
- Opana Detox
- Opiate Detox
- Opiate Library
- Opioid Detox
- Opium Detox
- Oxycodone Detox
- OxyContin Detox
- OxyIR Detox
- Oxymorphone Detox
- Percocet Detox
- Percodan Detox
- Poppy Tea Detox
- Roxicodone Detox
- Stadol Detox
- Suboxone Detox
- Subutex Detox
- Tramadol Detox
- Tussionex Detox
- Ultram Detox
- Vicodin Detox
- Vicoprofen Detox
- Xodol Detox
- Zydone Detox
- Methadone Detox
- Methadone Addiction
- Methadone Addiction And Women
- Methadone Addiction Facts
- Methadone Addiction Symptoms
- Methadone Withdrawal
- Methadone Abuse
- Methadone Precautions
- Methadone Side Effects
- Methadone Warnings
- Methadone Overdose
- Methadone Rehab
- Methadone Treatment
- Getting Off Methadone
- Methadone Addiction And Family
- Methadone Dependence
- Methadone Dependency Vs. Addiction
- Methadone Detox And Pregnancy
- Methadone Detox Center
- Methadone Detox Myths
- Methadone Detox Options
- Methadone Detox Possible Complications
- Methadone Detox Symptoms
- Methadone Home Detox
- Methadone Withdrawal Symptoms